Monday, October 23, 2006

Well, I felt wildly out of control with my eating yesterday. I didn't technically go off the weight watchers program, but I used most of my flex points yesterday. I think I got off track right from the beginning. I wanted something different for breakfast, so instead of having cereal with yogurt or oatmeal, I had some toast, two baked hash brown patties and some wonderful hot chocolate, which was only 3 points. It was a low points breakfast, but it didn't really stick with me through lunch. I had a salad for lunch, but by then, I was in a munchie kind of mood. My MIL had brought over some WW snacks for me to try, and I ate most of them yesterday. All within my points range, but then I didn't have any points left for dinner, and used some of my flex points. That is something I try not to do, I know it is on program, but it feels like cheating. Also, the snacking did not fill me up like a salad or vegetables or something substantial would have.

In the end, I ate a lot, and none of it left me feeling satisfied. So I planned last night to be much more moderate today. I had oatmeal, with dried fruit and sunflower seeds for breakfast (4 pts), 2 cups of stirfried vegetables and cabbage with garlic, ginger and soy sauce for lunch (1 pt for the tsp. of olive oil I stirfried it in) and I have had a snack of a mini flatout, 7 slices of turkey pepperoni, and 1/2 oz. of part skim mozzerella (3 points, and much better than any of the two point WW "snacks" I had yesterday).

I know I wasn't technically off the program yesterday, but I feel much more satisfied and in control today. I have to remember that I don't want to have to loose this weight twice. Anytime I lose control and just eat anything available, I risk that possibility. I have to be in control, not let the food control me.

1 comment:

Tracy Batchelder said...

Congratulations on your good start. The first few weeks are always the hardest.