Tuesday, October 10, 2006

My First Weigh In...

True to form, I got really nervous before I went to the meeting. I hate new situations. For some reason, I have thrown myself into more new situations lately than normal for me. Anyway. once I got there, I met the leader right away, and we introduced ourselves. I filled out a registration form and paid for a monthly pass. I figured that way I was committed for a month, because I am not one to throw that much money away.

Then it was time to weigh in. The number was not as high as I had feared it would be, but it is still high, and I hate to type it here, but I'm going to.

269.6. And I've been doing the points thing for a week. And I counted calories for a week before that, staying below 1200, so it was probably higher. But that is my starting weight. They asked us to set a goal to have lost by Thanksgiving, but I think I am going to wait a week, see how much I lose and then set the goal. I don't want to commit to more pounds than I can realistically lose and then be dissapointed in myself. The leader was impressed with the changes I have made in the last week though, the exercise choices as well as eating choices. We really clicked and I think she will be a real support with this.

Now I know that Weight Watchers is a plan that teaches you how to eat for the rest of your life, it is a lifestyle change, not a diet. So maybe I should be encouraged that there were more women in there that I would think of as skinny or normal than overweight. I was once again the heaviest woman in the room.

That's not going to be true for much longer though. I promise.

No comments: