Friday, October 13, 2006

Onward and downward

At least I hope downward. Certainly not upward!

Well, it is Friday night and that means the weekend. I have done really well through the week keeping OP (on program), getting in all my servings of vegetables and oils, a multivitamin everyday, and lots and lots of water. I have even excercised everyday...

The weekend is a problem though. DH isn't here, he's at work, and I tend to eat from sheer boredom. I usually run to the church to clean and run off the bulletin. After that, I knit or spin, all day. It is the "me" day. The recharge my batteries day.

Obviously I need a plan. What am I going to do if I am tempted to eat mindless snacks when I take a break from the knitting? Hopefully, since everything I eat has to be logged, that will stop any mindles snacking. I also have a a sack of baby carrots, Light Done Right dressing and salad fixins. I am going to make a batch of buffalo chicken bites (chunks of boneless skinless chicken breast done up in buffalo chicken sauce). If all else fails, I will be exercising for breaks instead of eating.

I had a good sign that I am losing weight today. I was able to get my 10th anniversary wedding band on. I have only worn it once or twice in the five years I have had it because it was just too tight. Today, it sits nicely on my finger, not tight at all. My wedding band/engagement ring and an amythest ring I have twirl around on my fingers non stop. Sadly, I still can't wear the half of the ring that I share with my sister Jodi. She has the amythest half, and I have the diamond half that links over the amythest.

I also packed away my summer clothes today (boy was it cold cold cold this morning) and as I packed them up, I said a little prayer than when I get them out next spring, they are just way too big. With His help I know I can do this.

The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon
him in truth. He will fulfill the desire of them that fear him: he also will
hear their cry, and will save them. --Psalm 145:18-19


No comments: