Monday, October 30, 2006

Firm Intentions

I ordered an exercise system today. I waffled on it for quite a while. Part of me kept saying, You really need to be serious about this. The other part, sadly enough, kept saying..You know you aren't going to stick with an exercise program. This is a waste of money.

Now, I have been exercising everyday except Sunday since I started Weight Watchers. I get up, I go to the bathroom, brush my teeth, take my vitamin and blood pressure medicine, and then exercise before I ever leave my room. So why would I think, as committed as I have been to this, that I wasn't going to stick with an exercise program. As soon as I became aware of what I was thinking, I ordered the program. I am determined not to fail this time, I just am. I am not letting a thought like that persist.

I did really well on the program this weekend. I made sure I ate "real" food, nothing processed or salty. The scale has been dropping dramatically this week, so I am really looking forward to weigh in tommorrow. More then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go girl! Jan, I am so proud of you. I find myself defeating my efforts alot. My current one is that I am just too busy to settle into a program. Good luck at weigh in!