Friday, November 17, 2006

The War Room

Thanksgiving is coming up fast, isn't it? One of the things that I was most worried about when I joined weight watchers was 'what in the world am I going to do about Thanksgiving and Christmas?' Two of my favorite days, simply because I love to cook things, and have other people rave about how good they are. Yes, pride is a sin too. This year things are going to have to be different, at least how I prepare the dishes I traditionally do is going to have to be different. Hopefully, things will still be good though. I'm going to have to do a test run on the pie and the stuffing this weekend.

Usually I am responosible for the same things every year, and thankfully, they are the things that I needed some control over this year. I can't figure out how to fix the bread recipe, but I can have one roll I think, and stay within my points.
Classic Bread Stuffing 3 pts
Deviled Eggs made with fat free mayo-1 pt
Pecan Pie-6.5 pts-recipe found about halfway down the page. I'm planning on eating a thing half size slice, for 3 pts.
Stuffed Mushrooms- 4 mushrooms=2 pts-may have to modify this a little, but it will make the points less
Rolls-my recipe, haven't figured the pts on that yet.
AuGratin potatoes- 3 pts-recipe is farther down the page than the pecan pie.
Mashed Potatoes-Regular mashed potatoes, made with 2% milk, are only 2 or 3 pts regularly. We will have one kind of potatoe or the other.

As to what else will be there, I know that I will have turkey (1 slice or 2 oz, 2 pts). We also found a recipe for green been casserole. That is 1 pt for 1 serving. My MIL cooks for low points, so I'm not worried about what she is cooking.

So anyway, that's my plan. Everything I want to eat will be a total of 18 points. So a regular breakfast of oatmeal will be 5 pts, Thanksgiving dinner. That leaves me 7 points for dinner. If I exercise that morning, I'll let myself have a whole slice of pie, and that should be a good day!

It's good to have a plan.

No comments: