Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Well, I went to weight in in Muskogee last night, we have a birthday dinner for my MIL tonight at this great seafood place called Catfish Cove. (unfortunately, a buffet. Buffets are so hard! FIL will lose money paying for me tonight). I had lost .6 lbs, but I had had three really good weeks in a row, so I am not surprised, or dissapointed.

Maybe not seeing a change in the scale didn't surprise me because I have seen a change in my clothes. When I went to visit Jody before Christmas, she gave me a bunch of clothes that were 18's and 20's. I kind of laughed, because really, I have been wearing much bigger clothes for a long time, and it just didn't seem possible that I would ever wear that size. Then Sean gave me a pair of size 20 jeans for Christmas. Again, I looked at these relatively tiny pants and kind of laughed at him. I mean, no way am I ever going to fit into those pants. I could squeeze into them, but I knew I looked ridiculous.

Well, tonight I am wearing them to dinner. And while I'll be wearing them for quite a while, and I am sure they will look better on my later, they don't look too bad now. I am thrilled.

Last night at weigh in was my 16th week on program. So much has changed for me since I started weight watchers. I am more confident, happier, stronger, and I am sure healthier. My tastes have changed too, and I hope that makes dinner tonight easier. The change in my weight is just the outward manifestation of the bigger changes I know I am making on the inside. God has really been with me, and every Tuesday as I drive home from the meeting, I just have to praise His name and thank Him for being with me through this and giving me the strength to change. I just know it wouldn't be possible without Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whooo Hooo!