Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Another dissapointing weigh in at Weight Watchers tonight. I either lost .2 or .8 lbs. I can't tell, because the lady who filled in the back messed something up and I will have to get it straightened out next week.

Either way, I'm dissapointed. I really worked hard this week, and earned 30 activity points. I'm sore, on top of being sick. I am worried that I am going to have to lose the rest of this weight in tenths of a pound, which would take forever. I don't want to lost 5 or 10 lbs a week, the 1 or 2 lb. safe range of weight loss would suit me fine. .2 lbs, though. Sheesh.

Anyway, I am resolved to work even harder on making good nutritional choices. After I had in my healthy 8, I was allowing myself to have a 100 calorie pack of cookies or chips if I still had points left. I think I am going to cut those out completely (they aren't that good anyway) and use those points on fruit or vegetables instead. I feel better, not guilty, after eating those anyway.

There is one thing keeping me optimistic. I had decided last week to take my measurements, so I could start keeping track of how many inches I had lost. SO today after getting more and more depressed by the fact that my home scale had me weighing 4 lbs more than last week, I broke out the tape measure again. While my chest and bust measurements stayed the same, I was down 1.5 inches at the waist and 1 inch around my butt. So I did get smaller, even if it wasn't measurable at the scale.

So, the total weight loss so far is either 33 lbs or 33.6 lbs. I'll know for sure next week. I hope I have a better report when I check in next.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I think you're getting there, Jan.
Remember, "seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness." Your focus should be on what is healthy for your body. Your weight will naturally follow.

Anonymous said...

Girl be happy with the loss. Most of the time things can be up and down. Better a slight .2 loss than a .2 gain =)