Thursday, December 28, 2006

Well, I haven't posted in a while, although I haven't fallen off the WW wagon. I went on a trip to my sisters house, and had the adventure of doing WW while traveling for 22 hours in a van.

My best suggestion for eating healthy while traveling is this...take a cooler. The day before we left, I grilled up a huge batch of skinless boneless chicken breast in three flavors. Italian, buffalo wings and fajita. I packaged it, in ziplock bags, in 2 ounce packages. We took a bottle of light done right ranch and a bottle of blue cheese for Sean, and I pre packaged salad in reusable containers. That worked great for meals, and then for snacks we had a lot of 100 calorie snack packs, ziplock bags with a cup of grapes each, and baby carrots. (Keebler has come out with 100 calorie packs of tiny shortbread cookies with fudge on the back. They are wonderful) All of the 100 calorie packs that I have tried come out to 2 pts a piece, so while they are okay as snacks they are not as point friendly as fruits and vegetables.

Since we drove straight through, I probably used food as a way to stay awake more than I should have. And then there were temptations at Jodis house that I don't have here, and I did have a cookie and a baklava or two. The worse veer off the path though came on the way home, when we stopped at Shoneys to eat because we could not find an Applebees anywhere. (Next time, I will look up locations before we leave the house, so we will know where to stop) Anyway, Shoney's was having a seafood buffet. If I had stuck with the baked fish and shrimp and crablegs, I would have been fine, but I tried a bite of this deep fried white fish. One thing you learn in weight watchers is that is okay to try a bite of something. The operative word being, BITE. One bite led to three peices. I just did not do well at all. Next time, if faced with that situation, I will not have any of that at all.

The good thing is, though, that we went to the Smithsonian, and then walked to the Washington Monument down to the front of the White House, and then to a distant metro stop. I probably walked 4 miles that day. And when I weighed in that Tuesday after we got home, I had lost 4 lbs!

So I have lost 25 lbs! I only lost .4 lbs this last week, because of Christmas. At least this Christmas, I did not give myself the ok to eat everything I saw. I did eat cookies and candy (Mom always sends homemade candy for Christmas, and I didn't have the heart to tell her not to send it. Next year, though,(if she sends candy again) we may keep the candy somewhere else besides in the house.) As people have pointed out, I did indeed lose weight at Christmas, even if it was just .4 lbs.

So I have about 1.5 lbs to lose to get to my 10% goal. To have lost 10% of my original body weight really is exciting. I hope I reach the goal this coming Tuesday!

No comments: